Happy Birthday, Bapu! Lets's Celebrate His Legacy Of Non-Violence.
Posted on 02 Oct 2016 10:56
Happy birthday, Bapu! On this Gandhi Jayanti, lets's celebrate his legacy of non-violence.
Happy birthday, Bapu! On this Gandhi Jayanti, lets's celebrate his legacy of non-violence. We will defend our nation from any aggression, but as a responsible nation, we should not celebrate war or any type of violence.
Here are some Gandhiji's quotes on non-violence which always inspires me and guide me in leading my life.
- "A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave."
- "A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."
- "An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind."
- "An unjust law is itself a species of violence. Arrest for its breach is more so."
- "Anger is the enemy of non-violence and pride is a monster that swallows it up."
- "Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances."
- "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth."
- "Faith is not something to grasp; it is a state to grow into."
- "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win."
- "I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill."
- "I believe that a man is the strongest soldier for daring to die unarmed."
- "I cannot teach you violence, as I do not myself believe in it. I can only teach you not to bow your heads before any one even at the cost of your life."
- "I have nothing new to teach the world. Truth and Non-violence are as old as the hills. All I have done is to try experiments in both on as vast a scale as I could."
- "I know, to banish anger altogether from one's breast is a difficult task. It cannot be achieved through pure personal effort. It can be done only by God's grace."
- "I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent."
- "I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings."
- "I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet."
- "If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children."
- "In a gentle way, you can shake the world."
- "Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit."
- "It has always been a mystery to me how men can feel themselves honored by the humiliation of their fellow beings."
- "Let us all be brave enough to die the death of a martyr, but let no one lust for martyrdom."
- "Love is the strongest force the world possesses and yet it is the humblest imaginable."
- "Man becomes great exactly in the degree in which he works for the welfare of his fellow-men."
- "Man lives freely only by his readiness to die, if need be, at the hands of his brother, never by killing him."
- "Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep."
- "Morality is contraband in war."
- "My religion is based on truth and non-violence. Truth is my God. Non-violence is the means of realizing Him."
- "Nobody can hurt me without my permission."
- "Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as is cooperation with good."
- "Non-violence and truth are inseparable and presuppose one another."
- "Non-violence is not a garment to be put on and off at will. Its seat is in the heart, and it must be an inseparable part of our being."
- "Non-violence is the article of faith."
- "Non-violence is the first article of my faith. It is also the last article of my creed."
- "Non-violence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man."
- "Non-violence requires a double faith, faith in God and also faith in man."
- "Non-violence, which is the quality of the heart, cannot come by an appeal to the brain."
- "Peace is its own reward."
- "Poverty is the worst form of violence."
- "Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived"
- "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
- "The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will know peace."
- "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
- "The pursuit of truth does not permit violence on one's opponent."
- "Violent men have not been known in history to die to a man. They die up to a point."
- "We may never be strong enough to be entirely nonviolent in thought, word and deed. But we must keep nonviolence as our goal and make strong progress towards it."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."